Thursday, March 1, 2012

You Gotta Have Friends

I'm going to be honest, yesterday was not my finest. I had a rough day and it felt like absolutely nothing was going my way. Sometimes, it's days like this when you find out how many amazing friends you have to fall back on. 

Marcellus Beasley, my trainer for Miss Delaware, and I have become close friends through working out together. He is not only my trainer, but my friend, and my motivator. Big Dog is one of the most understanding people ever, and I could not have gotten through yesterday without his help and words of encouragement. 

Shelby Collins, my best friend since 2nd grade and current roommate is one of those friends that comes along one time in your life. We share everything and we know everything about each other. She is always there for me and I always have someone to go to when I need a therapy session. Marykate Mulhern is one of my sorority sisters, and one of the most beautiful people in the world. Last night we were both a little down, so we got frozen yogurt, and Marykate, Shelby and I just put everything else on hold and had a girls' night. It was so nice to not worry about homework or studying or Miss Delaware and just hang out.

Kaylin Matchoca is my girl. We competed together for Delaware's Junior Miss and she is one of the kindest, sweetest, most beautiful people I've ever met and I love her to death. Kaylin knew I was having a terrible day when I had to cancel on our study date to take a mental break. Today in class, she surprised me with my favorite coffee from Dunkin Donuts before our quiz. 

Basically, what I'm saying is that when you're having a bad day, like I was yesterday, it's perfectly okay to cry, complain, turn to friends, and just take a break. Each day is a new day, and with the help of some special people, I am back on track.

XOXOXO
Alyssa



There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a sister. Proverbs 18:24 

No comments:

Post a Comment