Monday, March 19, 2012

What If?


This picture on my lovely Director, Jen Hayward's wall inspired me the other day, and it really got me thinking. What if every day I was thankful for every single thing? The fact that I am lucky enough to:

1) Wake up
2) Get out of bed and stand up
3) Go to the classes I generally complain about
4) The ability I have to exercise and work out
5) The responsibilities I have through my schoolwork and extracurricular activities
6) Having food to eat and the means to have everything I need for survival
7) A roof over my head
8) Supportive friends and family members
9) The opportunity to be competing for the title of Miss Delaware
10) Being the me that God created




Here's a little food for thought:
Crazy, right?

When I think about things this way, I have a whole lot to be thankful for. It's crazy to think of the amount of people who will not wake up tomorrow morning; those who cannot get out of bed; those who do not have enough food for nourishment; those who are not fortunate enough to attend college; those who do not have a stable home; and how I usually take all of these seemingly simple things for granted. What if every single day, I sent my thanks to the Lord for all the things he has given me in my life. I have always realized that my family and I are incredibly blessed, but some days, especially days like today where I'm feeling very under the weather and busy beyond belief, I tend to complain about the responsibilities I have. This is my new personal pledge to myself.

Each day I will
1) Thank the Lord for everything I have, no matter how small or trivial
2) Not take anything for granted
3) Live each day by His word, to make myself a faithful servant to Him
4) Do at least one thing that will make me a better person, and a better candidate for Miss Delaware 2012


What if you were grateful for everything one day, or every day? Try it out sometime, it could change your perspective on life.
XOXOXOX,
Alyssa

Psalm 107:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment