Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top 10 Reasons I Love Yoga

So shout out to my Alpha Xi Delta sisters on having sisterhood yoga tonight! Brilliant idea for a healthy and fun sisterhood bonding event! I've always really liked yoga, and at the urging of my local director and fitness instructor/guru Jen Hayward, I've been getting more and more into yoga lately! So, for all of you that are still on the fence, I'm going to give you the top 10 reasons I enjoy yoga!


10. It can be a fun bonding activity. Bring your friend/sister/mom to try it out for the first time with you! If you're an experienced yogi bring a friend who's new to yoga to come try it out with you! It's a great way to get in shape and get closer to someone!

9. Working out without getting terribly gross and sweaty!

8. It's a great way to meet new people. Stop by your local yoga studio and take a class, you might meet some new friends.

7. Hot yoga! Bikram yoga is a great way to detox. Think about going through your vinyasa flow in a sauna, it's amazing. 

6. Yoga builds flexibility. As a dancer I always need to be more flexible.

5. Yoga really improves my sleep cycle. Sometimes juggling college, sorority life, Miss Delaware, and life in general leaves me up at night stressed out. Yoga helps me get my 8 hours in!

4. The meditation at the end. It's such a nice feeling laying down at the end and meditating, or even just relaxing. Yoga is just relaxing in general. It's almost a spiritual experience sometimes, and I just say a few quick prayers.

3. Yoga is a great emotional release. When you focus on your breathing, all of your other emotions melt away.

2. There is no goal in yoga. Just a direction and the opportunity to learn new poses.

1. Two words, lean muscle. What pageant girl/girl in general doesn't want more lean muscle tone?

Hallelu! These are my top 10 reasons to do yoga. It's a great mental and physical workout, and it's so calming. Next time you're super stressed out, instead of grabbing a bag of chips and whining about it, hit up a local yoga studio for a healthy stress busting alternative.

XOXOXO,
Alyssa

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment