Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Love Wednesdays!

Hey all! I know it's strange, but Wednesdays are my favorite days of the week for 2 reasons:

1) My favorite class is Wednesdays, Communications 200 with Dr. Scott Caplan, who is seriously the coolest professor alive. It's one of the few classes I've taken in college that I feel like I will use one day in my life. It is a study of how to have healthy relationships (marriages, friendships, etc.) and raise emotionally healthy children, and since I wanna be a mommy one day!

2) Most importantly, on Wednesdays I visit Marcellus Beasley, aka the best personal trainer at B-Fit Enterprises! I look forward to my workouts with "Big Dog" every week, and I am usually counting down to it every week!

So, if y'all didn't know, you need protein and carbs to fuel a healthy workout session. My favorite way to get this before a workout is a protein smoothie. Since Big Dog works my butt off every time I visit him, eating a heavy meal before a workout with him is NOT a good idea. So, instead of eating something to weigh me down, I mix up a smoothie in my little personal blender, a $19.99 steal from target. It makes one smoothie at a time and is perfect for when you're on the go! Here it's $29.99 but I got it on sale!


All I do, is throw in some strawberries, a half a banana, a serving of pasteurized egg whites (yes they're totally safe and full of protein!), fresh pineapple, a little pineapple juice, and spinach (you can't even taste it!) If you're short on time, yoplait makes smoothies in a bag, they're just frozen fruit and yogurt that your pour into the blender. I just keep fruit in my freezer to throw in when I'm ready to make one. 

I know the spinach and egg white thing sounds gross, but I promise you it's good. Last night I was drinking one and my roommate/best friend Shelby was skeptical until she tried it and loved it.

Anyway, I'm off to B Fit Enterprises to get my workout on with Big Dog. 

Keep calm and smoothie on.

XOXOXOXOXO 
Alyssa 

Check out Marcellus Beasley at

We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.
James 3:2 

No comments:

Post a Comment