Monday, April 30, 2012

Greek Week, Mr. Delaware, and other Shenanigans!

Life at UD is a little crazy right now. We're finishing up the semester, getting ready for finals, and finishing up some final projects! Last week was Greek Week here at UD, and in my sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, (xi love y'all!) we look forward to this week all year! The week is full of competitions and fun, and it all culminates with Airband, a huge dance competition that sororities practice for months in advance. After practicing at 7 am every day I'm proud to say our Airband routine was a huge success, despite some serious prop malfunctions!
My little, Kayla, and I in full costume and ready to dance!

Last night I was lucky enough to attend the Mr. Delaware pageant with my friend Becky Albini, Miss Atlantic Coast, to cheer on all the contestants. The new Mr. Delaware is absolutely hysterical and we had a great time! I even won a $50 gift certificate to one of my favorite pageant shops, The Perfect Dress, in Lawrenceville, NJ, where I got my competition gown for Miss Delaware!
The beautiful man behind my beautiful gown, Chris Saltalamacchio, Mr. Delaware 2008, and I at the Mr. Delaware competition.

With just 6 weeks left until Miss Delaware I am so relieved to say I have my entire wardrobe ready to go minus some alterations and touch ups, and one cocktail dress. Preparations at this point are all about getting me where I need to be by June. I've got the wardrobe, now I need to work on the rest of the package! I'm working out, eating right, practicing my talent every time I can get an empty room to myself and working on my confidence every day! It seems like the past few months have been a freight train leading up to June and honestly I hope the next few weeks fly by as well. Anticipation drives me crazy and I do not do well with suspense! At this point I will be accepting thoughts, prayers, well wishes, words of encouragement, and of course, donations to the Children's Miracle Network!
Shameless plug for donations, it's for a great cause!

Anyway, I have yet another busy week ahead of me, and the annual KENTucky Derby on Saturday in Dewey Beach, which deserves it's own blog entry, coming soon!
Buy your tickets and come support Mela-No-More with a day full of fun at the beach!


XOXOXO,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment