Friday, May 4, 2012

Murphy's Law

Yesterday was a normal day until I was sitting in my least favorite class and I pulled out my computer. This scary blinking file logo popped up and I knew I was going to be spending most of my day in the Apple store. After making an appointment at the Genius Bar at my local Apple store I walked the grim death march into the mall. Sure enough, I was living ever college student's nightmare the week before finals week. My hard drive had completely crashed, losing all of my files, and guess who hasn't backed up her files in FOREVER. The loss of my 8 page Spanish research paper has been mourned the most of all. 

After some tears, some starbucks, getting an Apple guy's number (how you doin'?), and $172 later, I found myself in Morris Library struggling to start to rewrite this entire paper that originally took me a week to write. Normally I would have all weekend to devote to the library, but this weekend is the Mela-No-More KENTucky Derby in Dewey Beach, so I'll be busy busy all week! I searched the library for my original sources, and brought the only printed copy I had of the original (thank goodness rough drafts were due last week!) and got to work.

 I'm glad to say as of 12:30 am I am a free woman, and the paper is done and even better than the first time if I do say so myself. Even though I had a mini-breakdown in the Apple store, I'm proud of myself for putting on my big girl pants, downing so caffeine, and not procrastinating until Sunday night. Essentially the moral of this story is back up your files, back up your files, back up your files, BACK UP YOUR FILES! Got it? Good. 

XOXOXOXO,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment